Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Back in Black!

HELLO ALL MY SWEETHEARTS!!!

Sorry its been a few millenia since my last post, but I've been super crazy busy.

Updates: That group project that I was whining about forever....got an A!!! so all the blood sweat, tears and violence was all worth it.
After which I promptly rewarded myself with a 2 week trip to visit my hubby (Which was severely overdue and brought me back to life).

 (Not my actual husband; mine's hotter... ;)

Because of a job well done and how stressed out I'd been, he decided to spoil me rotten, spending all our money on touristy ventures in San Diego. We went on a dinner cruise, explored old submarines and 18th century sailing ships, went to the movies, pigged out on wings and vegged out with netflix and redbox and basically just played like a couple of kids for 2 weeks. Granted he DID have to work most days but it was worth it not to have to do any homework and to be able to wait on him like I never get to do.


Bless his heart, he's got baby fever and I've got "still-in-school-itis" so we're agreeing to wait until I graduate before succumbing to our imminent parental duties.

Its been a month since I came home and I've just been trying to NOT fail my classes. This semester is Statistics and an Anatomy Lab. Also my work hours have gotten weirder, increasing to almost 30 per week so sleep and free time have to be planned out carefully so that my obligations don't suffer.

Recently saw 2 movies that I'm adding to my list of all time favs: Rock of Ages and Brave
- Rock of Ages: hilarious, music is phenomenal, familiar and kept me in goosebumps the whole time.
- Brave: excellent for mothers and daughters, funny, adorable and somewhat of a tearjerker but thanks to Disney Pixar, there is a happy ending with a heroine who's happiness DOESN'T depend on a prince-like figure (Finally!!!)
 

Soon to be added to the list: Magic Mike.... Channing Tatum and Matthew McConaughey, half naked, shaking their junk on a large digital screen. No other description needed. No script needed. I'm too shy and too married to ever set foot in an actual Chippendale's type place so the fact that they made a movie about it makes it accessible at a cheaper, safer distance. Thank you!!!
 (nom nom nom)
I took my dad to see Prometheus for father's day (which is supposed to be a prequel to Ridley Scott's "Alien" trilogy). I have to say that anyone with a uterus or a weak stomach should probably not watch this. The gore alone turned me off, but the storyline was also full of holes according to my husband and father (I hadn't seen the trilogy). So unless you're into special effects with little substantial storyline, go for it. Otherwise, just wait for redbox.


 More to come later!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment