Monday, March 12, 2012

My Best Friend, My Playmate, My Sailor

HAPPY MARCH TO ALL THE SWEETHEARTS!!!

Just flew home from a most epic spring break with my husband. Went to Sea World, stayed in a hotel room, skipped rocks on the beach and just played all week. Felt like we were 15 again.


The air of competition amongst my civilian girl friends who are now married with children has subsided. Even though my poor Joshua has baby fever, I on the other hand have officially jumped off the "baby bandwagon" until we live together.



 I'm now realizing the advantages our uniquely tedious situation has predisposed me to:


1. Honeymoon phase remains frozen in time until the next visit (3 years later, we're still the disgusting couple making out in movie theaters)



2. Deployment allows ample savings for future investments (we're shootin' for a cruise or a puppy *crosses fingers*)



3. Ability to pursue individual goals/dreams, eliminating resentment (being cheerleaders for each other to stay motivated)



4. Establishing equal roles in partnership using trust, patience and support (can't stay mad at you because I need a best friend to talk to about it)


***Note: During long separations, this is where even having just one close friend can make or break your focus/emotional grip. Make sure they're the real deal...
"A good friend brings a bottle of champagne to your party.
A best friend comes early to help you cook and stays late to help you clean."
.





Pardon my soap box, but if given the chance, if both partners are working toward a common goal, using selfless judgment and cheering each other on, any matrimonial bond can only get stronger with time.




From my brief experience as a Navy Wife, I feel that these circumstantial advantages will make us more mature, confident and patient parents when we finally have children (God willing).


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WCK9tIdt6LA



No comments:

Post a Comment